Rapid Fire Evening 2011-06-21: SCALP Cruise Missile
- MBDA unveils the CVS401 Perseus concept missile system. Cast as MBDA’s “vision of a multi-role strike weapon system for 2030 and beyond”, Perseus is designed to be operated through advanced Operations and Mission Planning Systems across all platforms.
- MBDA also announces a successful underwater test launch of France’s SCALP/MdCN cruise missile, which will equip the future SSN Barracuda fast attack submarine. A 2006 French contract for 250 missiles covered both ship and submarine launched versions.
- Centurum wins a performance-based contract to provide command and control systems support for new Department of Defense (DoD) integrated systems and networks. The potential cumulative value of this contract is an estimated $77 million.
- Speaking to a media roundtable at the Paris Air Show, the President and Chief Executive of Boeing reflected on the company’s recent fortunes within Asia’s defense markets.
- US KC-46A 767 tankers will carry Raytheon’s AN/ALR-69 radar warning receivers, and their anti-jam GPS receivers.
- Israel Aerospace Industries subsidiary ELTA Systems announces that it has sold compact intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance aircraft to an unnamed Latin American customer. The ELI-3120 is used for a number of homeland security tasks including the deterring of arms and narcotics trafficking.
- Research and Markets publishes the Syria Defense and Security Report Q3 2011.
- Three days after the completion of Operation Sea Breeze 2011, an unidentified diplomat tells RIA Novosti that Russia should not be surprised by talks between Ukraine and NATO that discussed “everything but membership”.
- Defense Legislation outlines the options to address Members of Congress’ concerns about the United States’ ability to acquire rare earth elements used in various defense weapons systems.
Categories: Air Reconnaissance, Aircraft, Boeing, Conferences & Events, Contracts - Awards, Corporation, Daily Rapid Fire, Europe - Other, European Union (EU), Geographical Focus, IAI, Industry, Industry & Trends, Israel, MBDA, Missiles - Air-Air, Missiles - Precision Attack, Other Corporation, People, Raytheon, Russia, Specialty Aircraft, Transport & Utility, USA