Rapid Fire: 2010-06-10
- Running of the Bulls: Deutsche Bank is bullish on military aircraft segment but cautious about weapons production firms.
- FOR SALE: US defense security contractor Xe Services, formerly known as Blackwater Worldwide, is on the block.
- I, Robot: General Dynamics-led research consortium secures $220 million US Army contract for robotic air and ground systems research.
- EH101 is back! In a switch, Boeing would license-build AgustaWestland’s helicopter, entering the US Presidential competition. An AW/Lockheed “US101” was the VH-71 program winner, before its cancellation and re-compete.
- URS snags $95 million contract to provide communications and maintenance support to the USAF’s Unmanned Aircraft System Operations Support Center.
- Eurocopter unveils NH90 TTH MEDEVAC variant for German military, proposes related CSAR (Combat Search And Rescue) kit.
- Neighborhood Watch: US Navy seeks to expand its role in patrolling “fragile maritime neighborhoods” of the world’s littorals. How it will do that with a shrinking fleet, will be the interesting part.
- Last Call: Thursday is the last day to comment on the new UK coalition government’s defense program (or, as the British would say, defence programme).
Categories: Airbus, Boeing, Britain/U.K., C4ISR, Coastal & Littoral, Contracts - Awards, Daily Rapid Fire, Finmeccanica, General Dynamics, Helicopters & Rotary, Industry & Trends, IT - General, Policy - Doctrine, Robots, Security Contractor, Support & Maintenance, Support Functions - Other, UAVs, University-related, USA