Rapid Fire 2011-05-11: Helo Brownout Mitigation
- The Australian government is cutting A$2.7 billion from its defense budget over the next four fiscal years, including a reduction in the costs of acquiring a 5th C-17 aircraft.
- Russian President Dmitry Medvedev chastizes military for delaying tenders on major weapon systems.
- Up to $450 million to Lockheed Martin to provide Instrumented Ranges/Digital Range Training Systems (IR/DRTS) to the US Army’s Program Executive Office for Simulation, Training and Instrumentation.
- General Dynamics snags contract worth up to $125 million to provide IT network services to the US Special Operations Command.
- AAR gets $23 million contract to supply flat racks to the US Army for transportation of materials and containers via trucks and other ground equipment.
- UK Ministry’s DSTL developing a display system to reduce helicopter “brownout” crashes when dust clouds kill visibility – and sometimes, landing helicopters.
Categories: ABM, Australia & S. Pacific, Britain/U.K., Budgets, Contracts - Awards, Contracts - Modifications, Daily Rapid Fire, General Dynamics, Helicopters & Rotary, IT - Networks & Bandwidth, Lockheed Martin, Logistics, Other Equipment - Land, Policy - Procurement, Russia, Simulation & Training, Training & Exercises, Transport & Utility, Trucks & Transport, USA