Rapid Fire: 2011-01-14
- Rheinmetall denies rumors it is in talks with Northrop Grumman about takeover, while it completes purchase of Verseidag Ballistic Protection, a German maker of military vehicle protection systems.
- Japan is studying ways to provide logistics support for any US military actions on the Korean Peninsula, says Japanese Defense Minister Kitazawa.
- KBR moves to expand revenue base beyond US logistics work in Afghanistan under its LOGCAP IV contract.
- Portable pure oxygen generator for battlefield ER among products featured at UK MOD’s small business R&D contract award showcase.
- “I’ll be back”: Is the military losing control of its robots?
- Czechs budget funds to back their new membership in NATO’s E-3 AWACS pool. For reference, CZK 90 million upkeep = $4.9 million now, and CZK 170 million for modernization = $9.25 million.
- General Dynamics Electric Boat recruiting engineers for next generation SSBN “boomer” to replace the Ohio Class. Work on the nuclear missile compartment is already underway.
- EastWest Institute releases study examining the national security implications and approaches to cybersecurity.
Categories: Asia - Central, Britain/U.K., Contracts - Awards, Corporate Financials, Daily Rapid Fire, Europe - Other, General Dynamics, IT - Cyber-Security, Japan, Logistics, Medical, New Systems Tech, Northrop-Grumman, R&D - Contracted, Robots, Small Business, Specialty Aircraft, Submarines, Think Tanks, UAVs, USA