Rapid Fire: 2010-02-08
- NATO Ministerial: Gates pledges greater sharing of classified technology with allies; NATO chief calls for more resources to train Afghan army and police, while France agrees to send 80 more trainers.
- European defense ministers call for speedy conclusion to talks on troubled Airbus A400M military airlift program.
- The US Navy UCAS program receives $2 billion QDR push.
- US Army pays $253.3 million to service US Stryker vehicles around the world.
- Australia ready to OK final version of $547 million integrated HF communications system for armed forces.
- US Navy orders $122.5 million in spares and extra engine maintenance for V-22 Osprey.
- Obama administration beefs up missile defense budget. BMD report focuses on regional missile threats.
- Romania to allow US ballistic missile defense inceptor missiles to be deployed, following US cancellation of larger BMD deployments in Poland and the Czech Republic.
- Boeing gets $99.3 million order to supply 13 more AH-64D Block II helicopters to the US Army.
- Which defense firms will benefit from FY 2011 defense budget?
- Northrop Grumman feels Pentagon heat over KC-X aerial refueling tanker RFP.
- Taiwan’s order for Eurocopter EC225s could strain China-European Union relations – but hasn’t, so far.
- Asia-Pacific nations revamp their fighter inventories.
- DARPA has enlightened view on funding for ArcLight, a long-range strike weapon that could be launched using the MK 41 system onboard ships and subs.
- US military sends bomb-sniffing dogs to Iraq.
Categories: ABM, Alliances, Asia - Central, Asia - Other, Australia & S. Pacific, Boeing, Budgets, China, Contracts - Awards, Corporate Financials, DARPA, Europe - Other, European Union (EU), Fighters & Attack, France, General Dynamics, Helicopters & Rotary, Industry & Trends, Issues - International, Logistics, Middle East - Other, Mines & Countermine-IED, New Systems Tech, Northrop-Grumman, Official Reports, Other Corporation, Policy - Doctrine, Pre-RFP, Specialty Aircraft, Submarines, Support Functions - Other, Surface Ships - Combat, Tanks & Mechanized, Transport & Utility, UAVs, USA