Rapid Fire: 2010-04-19
- EADS is running out of time to line up US partner for KC-X aerial tanker RFP.
- Oil services giant Schlumberger begins standing up an Iraq branch, incl. up to $100 million for a complex at Rumalia in southern Iraq, following BP’s award of over $500 million in oil services contracts.
- UK Ministry of Defence explains 2010 election limits for their site, and their forces.
- Pakistan conducts largest military exercise since 1989 close to Indian border.
- Iran’s Ghadr, Sajjil and Shahab-3 missiles on display at Army Day military parade, while Pentagon chief memo warns US lacks long-term Iranian strategy.
- US Navy’s MQ-8B Fire Scout returns from 1st operational deployment, which included the first helicopter UAV drug bust.
- US Defense Logistics Agency awards $2.2 billion contract to ANHAM FZCO to provide full-line food distribution and non-food distribution to US troops in Kuwait, Iraq, and Jordan.
- Why does an American ICBM base need to hire… goats?
- GTEC snags $30 million in orders [pdf] to provide containerized kitchens for the US Army.
- SRA gets $19.5 million re-compete task order to provide integration management support to the USAF Distributed Common Ground System‘s formal training unit.
Categories: Airbus, Asia - Central, Bases & Infrastructure, Boeing, C4ISR, Daily Rapid Fire, Delivery & Task Orders, Environmental, Food-related, India, Issues - International, IT - General, IT - Networks & Bandwidth, IT - Software & Integration, Logistics, Middle East - Other, Missiles - Surface-Air, Other Corporation, RFPs, Support Functions - Other, Transport & Utility, USA