Rapid Fire 2010-02-17: Super Tucanos for Lebanon?
- US SPAWAR awards up to $3.2 billion in contracts for DoD C2 software support.
- Back from driving LeMans, Lord Drayson picks up his British military reform agenda.
- EADS gets new offer from 7 member governments to save the A400M military transport plane program.
- US knows it wants a front-line LEMV surveillance blimp – but how to field one? RFP is now out.
- Russia’s 5th generation PAK-FA fighter makes its 2nd flight. And just how good could it be?
- Iran crushes popular protests using high-tech Chinese riot vehicles.
- US may help Lebanon field AT-6B Texan or EMB-314 Super Tucano counter-insurgency aircraft by 2013.
- P-8A Poseidon aircraft passes armed ground vibration tests.
- Fincantieri’s new US subsidiary hires former head of Lockheed Martin Maritime Systems & Sensors.
- AeroVironment stock selloff: an overreaction?
- India to spend billions of dollars to upgrade military equipment.
- Tata Motors plans to bid on $75.8 million Indian Army light truck contract.
- US Army confronts challenge of aging helicopter fleet.
- Alion gets $71.8 million Seaport-E task order to support US Navy’s PEO Ships.
- Up to $46 million to URS for aircraft maintenance at Robins AFB.
- China to allow nuclear-powered aircraft carrier USS Nimitz [CVN 68] to make a port call in Hong Kong, despite decision to suspend military exchanges with the US over Taiwan arms sales.
- Top Taliban military commander captured in Pakistan, says top US official.
Categories: Airbus, Asia - Central, Bases & Infrastructure, Britain/U.K., C4ISR, China, Conferences & Events, Contracts - Awards, Delivery & Task Orders, Europe - Other, Fighters & Attack, France, Helicopters & Rotary, India, Industry & Trends, Issues - International, IT - Software & Integration, Logistics, Northrop-Grumman, Other Corporation, Small Business, Specialty Aircraft, Support & Maintenance, Support Functions - Other, Surface Ships - Combat, Surface Ships - Other, T&C - CSC, T&C - SAIC, Testing & Evaluation, Transport & Utility, Trucks & Transport, USA